Codex Limited recognises that through the day-to-day operation of its business, we have an impact on our internal and external environment. Also, we ensure that due consideration is given to the potential impact that environmental aspects may have on the operation of our core processes. As a result, Codex Limited has established this Environmental Policy Statement, to communicate awareness and understanding of environmental aspects throughout the business.
Codex Limited has appointed Peter Shevlin to develop and implement company initiatives to help us achieve our environmental goals. This role will also involve communicating Codex Limited policies to all interested parties through the delivery of internal presentations and promoting awareness externally as appropriate. Environmental aspects are considered at our weekly management meetings. While Codex Limited ensures that all personnel consider process-related environmental impacts, we also have identified the following aspects for particular attention.
- Codex Limited ensures that we meet relevant regulatory requirements and minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities, including the prevention of pollution.
- That we raise awareness, provide knowledge and support to employees on environmental management.
- Give training on the importance of environment and sustainability to our business and clients success, to all appropriate employees.
- Promote an awareness of environmental objectives, the inclusion of sustainability requirements and the benefits of sustainable procurement to our clients throughout the broader activities.
- Where practicable, to promote and utilise resource-efficient products i.e. products with a high recycled content, energy efficient appliances.
- Consider programmes for replacement and substitution of consumable materials and components with less environmentally-damaging alternatives.
- Where practicable, purchase goods that can be easily upgraded by adding or replacing parts that comply with all relevant procurement and environmental legislation as well as the continued use of fair trade products.
- Operate a policy of reduce, reuse and recycle for our materials and ensure waste is recycled where practical.
- Regularly review our environmental practices and policy in accordance with the principles ISO 14001.
- Establish performance objectives, targets and management programmes to achieve these.
The detailed arrangements for implementation of this policy and objectives are defined in the Codex Limited TMS Manual, which is available to all interested parties upon request.