Codex Limited recognises that through the day-to-day operation of its business, we are subject to potential risks with regard to Occupational Health & Safety (OHS). Also, we ensure that due consideration is given to the potential impact that OHS aspects may have on the operation of our core processes. As a result, Codex Limited has established this Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement, to communicate awareness and understanding of OHS aspects throughout the business.
Codex Limited has appointed a Health and Safety Officer, Peter Shevlin, to develop and implement company initiatives to help us achieve our OHS goals. This role will also involve communicating Codex Limited policies to all interested parties through the delivery of internal presentations and promoting awareness externally as appropriate. OHS aspects are considered at our weekly management meetings. While Codex Limited ensures that all personnel consider process-related OHS impacts, we also have identified the following aspects for particular attention.
- Codex Limited ensures that we meet relevant regulatory requirements and minimise any adverse OHS effects caused as a result of our activities.
- That we raise awareness, provide knowledge and support to employees on OHS management.
- Give training on the importance of OHS to our business and clients success, to all appropriate employees, and to other interested parties, in order to:
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities,
- Consult with all personnel on matters affecting their health and safety,
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment,
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances,
- Provide information instruction and supervision for all personnel,
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks,
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health,
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Regularly review our OHS practices and policy in accordance with the principles ISO 45001.
- Establish performance objectives, targets and management programmes to achieve these.
The detailed arrangements for implementation of this policy and objectives are defined in the Codex Limited TMS Manual, which is available to all interested parties upon request.