Office Chairs and Seating from Codex
We understand different workspaces have different needs, that is why Codex has ensured we cater to all our customer's requirements with a wide range of office seating. Our office chairs come in various styles including swivel, mobile stools, executive or ergonomic. All are fully adjustable to your seating preference and are perfect to add to any workplace, whether that's in a business or professional home office setting. We also provide a variety of seating for other spaces whether that's stacking chairs for a conference or lounge seating in a canteen or reception.
We also boast an extensive range of office desks, office seating and essential office supplies that can help you make your business setting more complete, professional, and comfortable. Whether you need to supply your office or your home, anywhere in Ireland, we provide nationwide delivery to the whole of Ireland and serve major cities including Dublin, Cork and Galway.
Selecting the Best Office Chair
We spend the majority of our waking hours at work, so an excellent office chair is a must-have. With the sheer choice that is available in the market, it can be quite overwhelming, to say the least. We asked all our followers to ask us questions on Office Chairs they want to know the answer to, and here we are! We have compiled this chair buying guide, in which you will find answers to all Office Chair FAQs and a few tips!
The standard height of an office chair varies from person to person. To begin with, the seat height of your office chair should be easily adjustable. The easiest way to adjust this is to do it with a Pneumatic Adjustment Lever. The term may sound complicated, but the Pneumatic adjustment lever is found under the seat, which when moved, allows your seat to change levels. A seat height of 17 to 22 inches off the floor is ideal for most people. To know what works best for you, set your chair to a height just below your knee when you are standing. This will allow your feet to be flat on the floor with your knees at a 90° angle.2. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LUMBAR SUPPORT IN OFFICE CHAIRS?
Our spines have a natural curvature that needs constant support. Without this support, our bodies tend to compensate by slouching, which can lead to back pain over time. Lumbar support in an office chair is built to be pushed against the small of the back. This support fills in the gap between our back and keeps the spine in correct alignment. The placement of the lumbar support is equally as crucial as its inclusion. It should fit right at the natural curve of your back, directly above your belt line. This makes sure your posture is correct and protects you from back pains in the future.
Check out our range of high-quality ergonomic chairs which all feature lumbar support or explore chair accessories where you can find attachable backrests for extra support.3. IS IT BETTER TO HAVE AN OFFICE CHAIR WITH OR WITHOUT ARMS?
From an ergonomic standpoint, armrests are great for your posture. Armrests take bodyweight off your shoulders and allow your arms to loosen up and rest in a relaxed position. This way, you will not feel stiffness or tightness in your shoulder muscles.4. WHAT DIFFERENT OFFICE CHAIRS ARE THERE?
There is an office chair for everyone. But the process of finding that perfect chair can be draining. Here are the top 10 types of office chairs to help you make a decision:
- Ergonomic Chairs – Assist in posture correction, prevent musculoskeletal disorders
- Drafting Chairs – Best for architects and artists, suitable for tall and standing desks
- Executive Chairs – Luxuriant style, ideal for meeting rooms in offices
- Mesh Chairs – Provides breathability, great for anyone who sweats a lot while working
- Balance Ball Chairs – Engages core and boosts blood circulation when used for less than 30 minutes
- Saddle Chairs – Encourages a riding-like sitting position, great for core strengthening, perfect for a high desk
- Movement Chairs – Great for active sitting, instability of the chair forces you to move
- Sit-stand Chairs – Height-adjustable, perfect for sit-stand desks
- Heavy-Duty Office Chairs – Perfect for tall users, weight capacity ranges from 300 to 1000 pound
Choosing an office chair is probably the most critical task, especially if you’re working from home. Here are a few features you ought to be looking for when you are going to invest in an office chair:
- Make sure your chair has options to adjust the height and backrest and a locking mechanism to prevent any sudden jolts. Check for lumbar support, armrests and adequate width, so you are not constricted for 8 hours in an uncomfortable chair.
- Keep in mind to opt for a chair that has a breathable seat and the right padding. Hard padding will be painful, and a soft one will not provide support.
- A chair with added wheels or casters is always a bonus as it gives you easy mobility.
Maintaining the right posture is extremely important, especially if you’re working from home. Avoid working from your bed or couch as this can strain your muscles immensely. Invest in a good office chair and follow these five steps to get the perfect posture:
1. Position your elbows at a 90° angle to your desk
2. Sit in as close to the desk as possible
3. Bring your keyboard and mouse in close, so your elbows are in line with your ribcage
4. Place your feet flat on the floor or footrest
5. Sit right back into the chair, with your hips and back in full contact with the backrest
At Codex, we know our chairs very well. Here are two chairs suggested by our Furniture Specialists that are sure to make working from home a breeze and very comfortable.
EVO CHAIR WITH ADJUSTABLE ARMS - The Evo Mesh Chair features full back support with memory foam padding and a mesh fabric for comfort and breathability. It also has adjustable armrests, which provide versatile use for a variety of users.
OA SERIES HIGH BACK HIGH BACK OFFICE CHAIR – This OA Series High Back Chair offers a deep contoured seat foam for maximum comfort. It has dual levers that let the user control seat height and back angle independently. It is a great chair for office use as it has a recommended usage times of 8 hours.8. WHAT SORT OF WHEELS SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR IN AN OFFICE CHAIR?
To answer this question fully, let us look at why office chairs have wheels in the first place. Wheels offer mobility without standing and are great if you want to move over to a colleague’s desk or a printer. Most office chairs have five wheels in total. This is because five wheels in every direction ensure better balance and provide a firm foundation to the chair.
If your chair is going to be used on a hard surface, go for a chair with soft rubber wheels. On the contrary, if your home-office or workplace is carpeted, hard wheels will help you navigate better.